• Join Home Gardening Forum

Container Grown Corn

Ibtsoom

Planting Zone
9A
I gave this a shot last year and had great results. I dont have enough space to plant very much corn so I've had limited success with it until last spring when I tried this container variety. Incredible yield for a small space and very tasty! I highly recommend it for all of you fellow container folks..

http://www.burpee.com/vegetables/corn/corn-on-deck-hybrid-prod003168.html

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
I've never tried container corn but my neighbor has and each year he's never had much success with it. I'll pass on the link to these seeds to try next year.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I tried it in containers down at deer camp & it was doing pretty good, till the coons got them. It was an experiment, next year I will grow them here at the house.

The 'Super Sauce' tomatoes that I also tried were a waste. most didn't even germinate. Shame, I had high hopes for them...

M

MB3

all I could grow in container was stalk and a tiny tassel. the ears never really came at all.

Ibtsoom

Planting Zone
9A
I'm gonna try the same burpee variety I listed above again this year. First time I've ever had any luck with corn at all due to my limited space. Give it a shot!