So I've been wanting a digging fork for a couple years now. But not really bad enough to go buy one for $30 to $50. Last week I was walking though the community garden and sticking out of the trash can was the top of a D handle which I thought I could use. When I walked over to the can and looked down there was the rest of a digging fork next to the D handle. So I thought I would grab both parts and just put a new handle in there and have the tool I want without spending much. Last night I managed to get the tang out of the ferrule and off the old wood which was harder than I expected. I shaped a new handle and it fit the ferrule very nicely until I tried to drill out for the tang. Well drilling the tang failed so I get to start over on the handle where it sits into the ferrule. At least I didn't cut it to length yet. As you can tell there will be more to post as I have time to work on it. This time I plan on drilling a single hole and slowing shape it out with a rat tail file.