• Join Home Gardening Forum

expandable pocket garden hose

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
I love mine! No kinks to worry about and just like the commercials it shrinks as you turn the water off. I have been very pleased so far!

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
So you do have a boat! Never heard you speak of it on the other site? :)

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Its in my profile... just a lil' 17' Predator that we use for bass & catfish periodically.

P

purplepen88

I've seen the ads for the hose as well and wondered if they work. What's the warranty like on them? Are they durable?

S

Susan

I have also looked at these but I had a hard time convincing myself that they would be as good as they are advertised to be. It's nice to hear about somebody who has tried them and liked them. I may just go pick up one now.

E

ErnieCopp

I bought two of the best i could find. One blew out at the fitting immediately and the other blew out in a few weeks. Until that happened it was the nicest hose to handle i have ever used. But it is impossible to repair the end fittings, it seemed to me.

I did save the surgical tubing on the inside, and put it to good use. I doubled it and strung it between posts, and am using it to support a new Rosemary hedge. I just pull the main stem up between the two tubes, and it holds very nicely. I will raise the double tubes as the Rosemary grows. The leaders are two limber to support themselves for a while and much easier than putting a stake at each plant.

If they ever perfect the expandable hose with a life time guarantee, i will buy another one for washing down the veranda, but flow is restricted too much for regular garden hose usage.

Ernie