• Join Home Gardening Forum

Lazy Ribs

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Sometimes I just don't have the time/motivation to do a proper BBQ, and I use this method to cook up ribs. It does not conform to TX BBQ standards, but the end result is pretty darn good.

I start off with a rack of baby backs or a small rack of spare ribs. Trim up the ribs, and remove the membrane from the inside. Then, I season them up with a dry rub. Next, wrap in foil and put in the oven @250 for about 2 hours. Take out of oven and let cool off for a while. Unwrap ribs and lightly season again with dry rub and sprinkle a little brown sugar on top. Then, put in the smoker @275-300 for another 1.5-2 hrs. I use oak and pecan for the smoke. About 10 minutes before they are finished on the smoker, I lightly baste them in some homemade BBQ sauce that is thinned to the consistency of milk. Just a little bit, don't over do it. Right before you take them off the pit, I grill them directly over the coals for a few minutes on each side.

And that's it. I get away with never having to add any wood/coals to the fire since the pit time is so short. Definitely not TX style ribs, but a nice change from the traditional.

image.jpg

Last edited:

RLwhaler

Planting Zone
8b
Dang....I just casually stroll through this thread..click...and BAAAM!!! The close up picture made me hungry!~!~