• Join Home Gardening Forum

Mittleider Garden: Weekly Feed Fertilizer Recipe

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Here is a great video on how to prepare the Mittleider Garden weekly feed fertilizer recipe.

Weekly Feed Fertilizer Recipe:

If you've tried the Mittleider method, how has the Mittleider gardening worked for you?

S

sreece

Thanks. This was a very helpful video. I started using the weekly feed in some of my soil beds last year and noticed a huge increase in production. I am now in the process of switching my whole garden over to the Mittleider method. It's going to take me awhile but will be well worth it.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
@sreece please let us know how the Mittleider method works for you. I'm strongly considering buying the book and trying the method next year myself.

S

sreece

@Mike, I thought you probably were already using it since the Natural Mineral Fertilizers are being offered as one of the prizes here. Just by adding in the weekly feed in my soil beds last year, my production increased by about 5 times what I had gotten with traditional methods. I still had problems with grasshoppers, but my plants were healthy and productive. I was actually introduced to this method in the 70's and used it for one or two seasons in Brazil where we were living. However, I couldn't find a good source for the micronutrients (Natural Mineral Fertilizers) so I kind of abandoned the idea. Then about two years ago I came across the Mittleider yahoo group and joined it. I followed the posts and thought about doing it, but you know how hard it is to change your habits! Then I read a post from someone who had used the weekly feed on his trees and went from zero production to overloaded fruit on his trees. That convinced me and last year I had my son put the nutrients around all of the trees in our young orchard. Wow! We had so many peaches, plums, apricots, etc we couldn't keep up even with taking them to the farmers market and selling lots of them. So I started putting the weekly feed on my regular raised beds and experienced a great increase in production and in both quantity and quality. It has taken us awhile to find a good source for sawdust and sand, but we are now in process of making our second Mittleider growing bed and seeing excellent results with the first one (growing tomatoes).
I don't know whether this is ok to do, but if not, you can edit this out. I'm now an affiliate for the products offered on the website so if you care to help support this retiree gardener, here is my link for access to the nutrients, books, etc.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Oh I'm sorry, the magic feed - yes I am using. But the Mittleider grow box method, that LDSPrepper typically recommends, I am not using yet.

This is my first year with the weekly feed and I to have seen an improvement.