• Join Home Gardening Forum

No grilling/smoking tonight...

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Was kind of busy today so I did a Schiacciata, which is a form of focaccia or pizza without sauce. I topped it with just our 'Italian oil', finely sliced onions, & green olives & then a sparse amount of mozzarella cheese & breadcrumbs (added crunch).

Supper_022214_1.jpg

Supper_022214_2.jpg

M

majorcatfish

was checking the news, looks like another great weekend to stay inside<more snow and ice coming friday>
so checked out the local grocery ads they have chuck roasts on sale looks like a good time for a pot of beef stew and a loaf of sour dough bread.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Here it's suppose to be 67 & rainy... With the 'party barn' to keep me dry, I'll cook something on the kettle smoker or grill. Only the cold (& some times the wind) stops me.

M

majorcatfish

after getting home yesterday made a big pot of stew....
DSC_0035 (640x426).jpg
our son is home from college for spring break, goodness there was no leftovers.....

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I was busy as heck all day, so Mrs Ranch took over the supper duties today (I did contribute the bread though, LOL!). She is one heck of a cook!!! Fried pork chops, mashed potatoes & a salad. I'm stuffed!!!

Supper_032214.jpg

M

majorcatfish

tonight we had guest chefs cook for us what a pleasure it was...
the stouffers brothers...
DSC_0002 - Copy (2).JPG
can you say comfort......

M

majorcatfish

our daughter did the cooking tonight on the flat top griddle.
smoked chipotle sausage dogs with chili, cheese on potato buns served with garlic tater tots
DSC_0001 - Copy.JPG
wow not bad, 2 dogs and i'm stuffed..

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Dang, those look good!!!

We're having steak salad, as we have leftover sirloin steak from Monday. I love a big steak salad now & then!

M

majorcatfish

checked all the stores sales ads there's not a thing worth while on sale this week.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Too high a chance of storms this afternoon, so Mrs Ranch is going to make tacos. I'm doing some stuffed japs, rice & beans and some guacamole for the chips. Ole'!!!

Supper_1.jpg

Supper_2.jpg

Supper_3.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Wind was wicked all day... got to cook inside. Thursday pizza!!! Made the sauce & the dough this morning, dressed it with out Italian oil, mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced onions, black olives & homemade Italian sausage. Yum!!!

Supper1_041014.jpg

Supper2_041014.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made sourdough rye bread today, so we are just having ham & cheese sandwiches for supper.

Note: I had one already - strictly for QC purposes (& I was hungry)!!!

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I did another pizza last night, topped with pepperoni, onion & olives. Delicious!!!

I have enough sauce left to do a small batch of caponata (Sicilian eggplant).

Pizza_Sauce.jpg

Pizza_Dough.jpg

Pizza_Shell.jpg

Pizza_061014.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Kudos to your wife, that looks delicious!!!

I getting ready to harvest a bunch of eggplant here as well. I'm going to make a small batch of Caponata, (which is the national dish of Sicily) today. It's delicious spooned onto bruschetta (grilled Italian bread rubbed with garlic). I just happen to have 2 loaves rising as I type this!!!

M

Mr_Yan

My wife made some of her eggplant stacks last night. So good. It has homegrown egg plant slices, mozzarella cheese slices, tomato slices, and topped with homegrown basil.

Eggplant, cheese, tomato, cheese, basil. and bake 'til gooey?

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
We have leftover steak from last night so tonight we will have steak salads to finish it off. I made a batch of stuffed jalapenos to go with the salads...

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
Today I made a Mexican Pizza Pie using Annie's Salsa instead of spaghetti sauce or marinara. I got distracted and sent the nephew to turn the oven out, where it then stayed inside for over an hour more. Do you know, that turned out to be the perfect pizza pie? The thin crust was crisp and crunchy, the Mexican blend cheese and mozarella perfectly melted beneath and above layers of peppers, sliced tomatoes and chicken fajitas. The 14-year-old nephew gave it two thumbs up and a high five. My brother stopped by later to finish it off and said, "Man, that was some darn good stuff! Did that have the salsa you've been making on it? I thought so." Now, that was a big compliment from my brother on my cooking because he knows I can make 500 things out of a boiled chicken; all with four ingredients or less:) Tomorrow, I'll attempt to make peach jam for the Christmas baskets.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
Eggplant, cheese, tomato, cheese, basil. and bake 'til gooey?

Starting from bottom of stack, its actually .... eggplant, tomato, cheese, eggplant, tomato, cheese, basil. Slice the mozz cheese fairly thick, about 1/4 inch.

And I cant remember for sure, but I think she cooked the eggplant in a pan prior to baking in the oven. Then make the stacks and just bake till the cheese melts.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Doing a pizza tonight since I have some leftover sauce... Sausage, onions, olives, maybe some artichoke hearts.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
Fish fry! My son (7yrs old) and I have been fishing quite a bit lately. We went again the other day and came home with some speckled trout and redfish. Ended up grilling the redfish on the half shell, and then the following day fried up the trout and some homegrown okra. Wife made cole slaw and beans to go with it. Sure was good.