• Join Home Gardening Forum

No grilling/smoking tonight...

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
45ACP, A fish fry is my favorite meal! Especially red fish! YUM!!!!!!MY!!!!!!

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Still too nasty outside for me to be smoking/grilling so I'm going to do some oven-fried chicken, seasoned with my WR's Newest Chicken Rub. I'll make make some rice & a vegetable to accompany it, as well as some garlic bread.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
I was so impressed with my Big Easy turkey fryer that I decided to throw a rack of ribs and a split chicken in there. Needless to say, everything came out awesome!! Sooo juicy and tender. I did pull the ribs out of the BE and sauce them and put on the grill for about 14 minutes to let the sauce set. I will be doing this again.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
Did some more cookin on the Big Easy.

I wanted to smoke a butt, as its been a while since I fired up the smoker. But unfortunately the weather wouldnt cooperate so I just pulled out the BE. I used a smaller butt (8.5 lbs), no brining necessary, just seasoned with salt, pepper and chile powder. In the BE for roughly 2.5 hours to get internal temp at 145, then wrapped in foil for another hour till internal temp of 198. Let it sit for about 45 minutes and then pull the pork. Serve on toasted Hawaiian buns with a spicy vinegar based sauce and a side of cole slaw. MMMM mmmm.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
Went to my mom's Christmas morning. She does a whole big Christmas dinner spread all by herself. She had asked me in advance if I would mind bringing the BE and doing the turkey. Not a problem I told her. It came out great! I think with every turkey I cook in this thing they keep getting better and better. This was a 16+ pounder and took about 2 hrs 45 min I think. Crispy crispy skin with juicy tender meat.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Pizza last night... homemade sauce, Italian sausage, pepperoni, onion, peperoncini & green/black olives (black on my side). Ymmm!!!

Pizza_013015.jpg

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
The wife cooked up a flounder from a recent fishing trip. Stuffed with shrimp and some blue crab that we caught in traps a while back. We have a secret spot where we set our crab traps in the fall/winter lol.

flounder.jpg

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
OMG! Another REAL cook! I could sure go for some of that flounder! If any of you ever need recipes you can cook in a bagel toaster, let me know!

Last edited: