• Join Home Gardening Forum

photo hosting service

M

Mr_Yan

So guys who do you use to host photos then link in to here?

I've used photobucket for years and it now looks like they dislike that service and freeloaders like me. So surfing around in the forums it looks like photobucket pegged me and broke all the links to force me to buy their host service.

M

Mr_Yan

And I just looked at upgrading the photobucket account. The photo hosting service at photobucket is about $120 a year for the 100 gig account. Not a chance.

M

Mr_Yan

Photobucket can burn... they told me $400/yr.

I got that $399 / year number for the top tier level too. As I looked closer that would give you 500 gig of space with unlimited bandwidth. There's several detail differences in the different tiers and I didn't bother reading much beyond the price. $60 / year, $100 / year, $400 / year either way I am moving hosting sites.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
@Mr_Yan you can upload photos directly here as attachments. Photobucket is really screwing a lot of people by holding their images hostage from showing on other sites, now wanting $400. I've seen a lot of forum threads turn useless as all the images are now blocked, sucks.

Imgur, VGY are good alternatives. Another possible solution would be to use an Amazon S3 bucket or web host service.