• Join Home Gardening Forum

Rolling with the Punches

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
We bought this Charolais cross cow about 8 months ago. My son claimed her as his and named her "Goldie".
My dad called this morning with the bad news, he found her dead from apparent birthing complications. I haven't told my boy yet, not sure what to tell him. Grrrrr, sometimes life can sure thump you in the chest.Thanks for letting me cry on this board.

goldie.jpg

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Mike, Luke is 5 years old. We bought 7 cows last year and he took a special liking to this one. She was a real sweetie with some personality. Such is the life though, wasn't the first time and won't be the last. I'm now looking for a replacement, maybe W R ranch has a heifer to sell :)

Rockytop

Planting Zone
8B
Great lessons of early childhood. Pets pass, whether we like it or not. One of the most upsetting things in my life when I was a child was the passing of my first dog... Life has never been the same. Sorry to hear about the cow, I sure now how that kind of pain feels oh so well. Wished there were things you could say or do to help ease the pain other than time heals itself.