• Join Home Gardening Forum

Share your harvest 2013!!

T

the1honeycomb

Today I picked my first ever! corn on the cob, I never tried to grow it before. It was soo sweet I only picked 3 there are three of us and boiled it( the only way I know how to cook it) Paula Deen;s cheesy summer squash casserole. and a nice steak!! wonderful. I also had a big bowl of fresh Black berries!! YUM!!

Carrots, Zucchini, Wax beans, Beets, and Blue potatoes!

T

the1honeycomb

well Just a few

N

Northernfox

We have pulled in Onions and Hot peppers so far. we BBQed them and put them on burgers!! it was great.

Strawberries have been my breakfast for the last few days. I really hope to get more and tomatoes!

I am so excited about this garden tour! losts of the fun stuff I saw as I recorded it!!!

Who hooo alos first to 100 posts... just tell me when to be silent ;)

T

the1honeycomb

Great tour thanks for sharing! now on to the sand box, and your quest to take over the world!! (at least your back yard:cat:)

P

Phins Fan

Today I picked my first ever! corn on the cob, I never tried to grow it before. It was soo sweet I only picked 3 there are three of us and boiled it( the only way I know how to cook it) Paula Deen;s cheesy summer squash casserole. and a nice steak!! wonderful. I also had a big bowl of fresh Black berries!! YUM!!

Carrots, Zucchini, Wax beans, Beets, and Blue potatoes!

Paula Deen???? Black berries???? What exactly do you mean by that?? LOL!! JK!! Ill look into corn next year but the meal sounds fabulous!!

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
The garden this year was 'OK' (not the best nor is it the worst). The weather this spring was pretty weird to say the least, so it is nothing like last year. Onions did fantastic, while the cukes, eggplants, squash, green beans, peppers, etc were about 'average'. The tomatoes were below our norm in terms of weight...

I just finished cleaning the garden out, as the temps here are close to 100 degrees daily. Only thing left is peppers, okra, eggplant & melons.

Best_Onion_2013.jpg

Cantaloupe.jpg

Cukes.jpg

Egg_Plants.jpg

Green_Peppers.jpg

N

Northernfox

My goodness what a haul!! I don't have that much coming out yet :). Soon though !

Honey : I will take over more of the yard :) my wife does not know it yet. But I am patient :)

T

the1honeycomb

WOW!!! IF THAT ISN'T YOUR BEST I wish I had half of that!! none of my tomatoes are getting red yet? Lots of Butternut squash/ beans, pulled 5 Zucchini today made bread, for the freezer baked some for dinner YUM! It is all Yum!! hoping to get some watermelons.

R

Royiah

0_o Everyone has a lot of veggies!
I've only gotten tomato's this year so far. (Happy about that actually since I didn't get any last year.):smug:

The cherry tomato's look yellow in the picture but their actually bright orange! Delicious too! :love: I wonder if I have enough to make a sauce...

T

the1honeycomb

WOW!! you got quite a nice haul!! It looks like your at a farmers market do you sell your harvests? I barely get enough to can for the winter! need to triple my garden size!!

whistech

Planting Zone
9a
Mr. Ranch, that is quite a haul! I wish my onions and bell peppers got that big. I have to ask, what kind of red potatoes are those? And I'm really envious of your pears!

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I have to ask, what kind of red potatoes are those? And I'm really envious of your pears!

The potatoes are 'Red Pontiacs'. They has always been my main crop potato. Large size, great for all uses overall (although not the best for fries, they are a little moist and don't brown as well as a russet).

The pears are Kieffer pears. They are not considered an eating pear due to its firmness, the fruit is excellent when used in preserves or pies. This variety is extremely resistant to fireblight.

R

Royiah

Royah, those are beautiful tomatoes! What variety are the large tomatoes?
truthfully I cant remember! lol But I'm pretty sure they were from my early girl or better bush. I have a lot of verities. :p

T

the1honeycomb

Well I canned 8 quarts of tomatoes, 6 quarts of sauce. 7 pints of salsa. 5 quarts of corn and will be making Blackberry jam have enough for 3 batches!!