Use diapers on your plants

Z

ziggy

This is interesting...

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
ziggy that is a bit interesting, but I'm not sure I'm going to be using diapers in my plants anytime soon. ;)

M

MB3

thanks for sharing
so how non-toxic is the stuff really?

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
I don't know for sure but I'm guessing it can't be super horrible if your babies stuff is going to be laying in it and the video claims they are fully bio-degradable. That said I don't see much of an issue if you're using this for house plants I guess. Not sure I'd want to put this in my veggie garden though.

E

ErnieCopp

Ziggy,
Not sure i want to walk through a checkout line with a bundle of diapers under my arm. Who buys them for you? I look too old to be having babies.

Mbs. The clean ones are probalbly not as toxic as used ones would be. lol.

Ernie

M

MB3

well it depends how it was used
hummonia is a pretty good and balanced fert. it is actually the only fert I use, and even if I could afford more I would still use it. breast-fed (with minimal solids) baby poop probably would break down faster than mine, but I am still not setup to compost humanure, nor any non-aged manure, lol. I have a tiny yard on my rental property. so yeah, those can go to the trash.

E

ErnieCopp

My Dad rented his farm to some Japanese Vegetable farmers right after WW2. The house had Indoor plumbing, but the first thing the Tenants did was build an outhouse. Dad asked them why, since the plumbing was in good shape, and they told him they never wasted any of that sort of stuff. They always put it ont he vegetables they grew.

The term was not common then, but i assume they were growing organic veggies.

ernie