• Join Home Gardening Forum

very interesting cook book

M

majorcatfish

a good friend of my wife sent us a book for christmas called "grill this, not that" over the last couple months the wife has been cooking dinners out of it, nothing 5 star but down to earth good food. worth buying!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Grill-This-That-David-Zinczenko/dp/B00AF4FCRC/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395601613&sr=1-1&keywords=grill this not that

flashback time....
during my younger life worked in many restaurants starting as a scullery technician<dishwasher> junior year in high school was a head cook at clementines, senior year only needed 5 credits so took home ec, nothing like being the teachers pet yeap was teaching the class.

over the years was able to work in some of the finer eating establishments in tahoe and honed my talents under some of the best european chefs, french / german / swiss. worked my way up to exe chef, after 23 years got burned out. get this exe chef to truck driver is that a carrier change or what.

moving forward......
moved out here<north carolina>16 years ago been with the same company now for 15 of them starting as a route driver, now their director of maintenance.
anyway back to cooking still can prepare a 5 star multi course dinner which i love to do for my friends now and then. you know 5 star cooking is great and loads of fun especially when you get them involved in the preparation of it< glasses of wine helps>, since being here have enjoyed learning southern cooking with a tweak.

your possibly asking yourself what is he babbling about.. saw ranches post with pan fried pork chops w/ mash potatoes, thats down right comfort food.

ok back to the book. last night the wife did another recipe from the book. "spicy asian pork burgers" with sweet potato fries and slaw.. it was great to see something from my past turned into something downright deliciously comfort.

sorry no photo had to fend for my 2 burgers..........
spicy asian pork burgers.
scan0002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ErnieCopp

Major,
I like hearing things about what all of you have done in the past as that makes it feel like i know who i am communicating with. Just like Sam was a Bomber pilot, but will now some competition in the Recipe Arean which will give him a new challenge. Between marriages i did some fancy recipe cooking, strictly by the books, and found a home cooked meal on a cozy sailboat impressed the lonely ladies a lot more than a fancy dinner in a nice restaurant, but I just cannot cook in someone else's kitchen. It ruins my train of thought to have to stop and look for a tool or ingredient. Or maybe that is just my excuse, but whatever, i never cook while i am married. lol. But i enjoy reading about what you guys do.

Ernie

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
Y'all's cooking and grilling on this site impress the heck out of me. Puts Pinterest recipes in the shade. Friends on Facebook are always posting these recipes with pictures they found on the net, but they've never cooked them. You guys are amazing!