• Join Home Gardening Forum

What did you buy today?

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
I think we all can get excited when a brown box shows up on our doorstep regardless how big or small it might be. This thread will serve as a place holder to share what you bought today. Doesn't even have to be garden related.

I'll start... today is Amazon prime day I found a nice deal on Vittles Vault airtight pet food container for only $18!

I already have the 60 pound Vittle Vault that I use to now store my dog food in after I found mice had found our closet where the dog food bag used to be stored. Now after a few traps and the vault no more mice. I'm going to use the 40 pound vault for my bird feed!

M

Mr_Yan

Filled up my gas tank for $2.04 a gallon. Rolled away for $15.44 after filling up form less than a quarter tank. While this little Kia is a terrible garden / project car it is great for my commute.

M

Mr_Yan

I already have the 60 pound Vittle Vault that I use to now store my dog food in after I found mice had found our closet where the dog food bag used to be stored. Now after a few traps and the vault no more mice. I'm going to use the 40 pound vault for my bird feed!

We use gamma lids on five gallon buckets. $9 solution and fits about 20 pounds of kibble or 25 pounds of bread flour, or 20 pounds of rice.

M

Mr_Yan

Oh yeah we signed up for 3 months of the unlimited amazon music for $0.99

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
We use gamma lids on five gallon buckets. $9 solution and fits about 20 pounds of kibble or 25 pounds of bread flour, or 20 pounds of rice.
I like that idea, sounds like a good place to keep peanuts.

M

Mr_Yan

I don't think we bought anything directly today. (Sure electricity, municipal water, and the like)

My kids did have custard at the regional chain Culvers but they earned that award through the library summer reading program.

Yesterday on "prime day" I bought a kid's birthday gift from Toys R Us and dog kibble from PetSmart - both online purchases.

M

Mr_Yan

So I clicked on this in Amazon a few days ago and now it is a constant banner ad on pages.

By the way my wife said no to this as a purchase.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
That is a great collection. I think I've seen the entire series probably 3-4 times.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Next up is the complete series of the original 'Untouchables'. Even the satellite programming sucks nowadays...

M

Mr_Yan

Even the satellite programming sucks nowadays...
Have to say my wife and I have become fans of the Amazon series Bosch. We've both read many of the books and to make the season they mash a few books together.

If you're into space sci-fi the SyFy series Expanse is pretty good. I've only watched the first season (two seasons out). It holds pretty true to the book (Leviathan Wakes). The show / books are a little mix of dark detective story, space sci fi, political intrigue, and western.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Next up is the complete series of the original 'Untouchables'.
I've not seen that, I'll have to check it out.

@Mr_Yan speaking of sci-fi - have you seen Stranger Things on Netflix? Only one season so far (new season starts Halloween) but it's a pretty good show as well.

M

Mr_Yan

@Mike We don't have netflix anymore. We had a few free trials my wife used for things like the reboot of full house and gilmore girls but can't say I ever watched anything on it.

I do want to watch HBO's West World. I may still be able to do the free month HBO trial with Amazon prime but don't know when I'll have time to watch that much TV. We're averaging about 50 minutes of shows a week.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
@Mr_Yan the new West World on HBO is another great show.

Picked up a bag of Miracle-Gro planting soil for a couple house plants for the wife.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I received another bottle of the ReJex Polymer I like for the vehicles... I want to start clay-barring the big truck after the heat here passes.

I also score a good buy on the Summit 20-Pack Mosquito Dunks.

Now a Deiter story... we take him for a ride & jumped over the back seat & wrecked my cargo security cover, so I had to order a replacement... In addition, I ordered a custom built 'Pet Barrier' so he won't ever do that again... I love him dearly, but he can be an expensive PIA sometimes...

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
6-12 months... I actually found it while looking for an aircraft wax I used to use called 'SlipStream'. ReJex was developed by a government contractor to be used as a coating on the fuselage of helicopters so the turbine exhaust would easily wash off. It is fantastic on vehicles!!! Nothing sticks to it, bird crap, bugs, not anything... so everything wipes off easily in between washes. Also, you can put it on trim, weather stripping, your rims, etc.

K

ksk

6-12 months... I actually found it while looking for an aircraft wax I used to use called 'SlipStream'. ReJex was developed by a government contractor to be used as a coating on the fuselage of helicopters so the turbine exhaust would easily wash off. It is fantastic on vehicles!!! Nothing sticks to it, bird crap, bugs, not anything... so everything wipes off easily in between washes. Also, you can put it on trim, weather stripping, your rims, etc.
Ranch you need to sit on the side of the road and sell this stuff when the ''love bugs'' are active. lol