• Join Home Gardening Forum

Any Duck Dynasty viewers?

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
We watched it all time... Too bad A&E made this decision, although I highly doubt that Phil cares one way or another. It will not surprise me when the whole family tells A&E adios... They were doing just fine before A&E and will do fine after A&E ... Judging by the family integrity the Robertson's have and their love for Mr. Phil, I'd say they will issue a public statement in his support, then dare A&E to fire the whole bunch if they do not reinstate Phil and issue an apology.

Bottom line is that A&E has no respect for the 1st Amendment & they will take a big financial hit because of it... just as the Food Network did over the Paula Deen decision. That channel too will be blocked at our home & I'm sure millions of others will do the same.

Personally, I believe we need more of the Robertson family's morals & values.

Last edited:

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
I just read an article about this interview that seemed to be the reason why A&E fired him. I feel it's pretty hypercritical of A&E - they put on the show of a christian family with christian values and apparently ends each show with a pray then turns around and fires this guy because he spoke his christian belief in an interview.

At this point not much surprises me though with this country and the direction it's going.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
Isnt it funny that those who want tolerance, dont have any....

Who cares if some gays were offended. They are offended by everything. WHO CARES!

I dont even watch the show, but agree that the Robertsons are a upstanding family. And if more people had the values that family does, the world would be a better place.

E

ErnieCopp

I did not care for the show at first, but got to liking it better after watching it a few times. I have a lot of redneck traits and beliefs in me, so most of that seems pretty normal.
I have been thinking the same thing Sam has about the boys telling A E they feel the same way, so they can take it and shove it.

They were discussing it on Fox a little while ago. that is A & E's biggest moneymaker.

Ernie

E

ErnieCopp

Sam,
It looks like we know how Redneck families act.. I just saw a statement by the Family that they cannot imagine the show continuing without Phil, so they were more polite than i expected, but they are getting the same results.

Ernie

E

ErnieCopp

It may be. I know for sure CA is not. It it was not for the climate, nearly everyone i know would leave.

Ernie

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
No Mike, I believe that most southern rural Americans still, for the most part, have an intact value system, it is the urban & suburban areas that have issues (this is my opinion). I cannot talk about the east or west coasts, nor can I talk about the northern part of the country as I have not had any exposure to them in many years.

Traditional Southern values have in the past, included a faith in God, prayer & the Bible, which has for a large part, been the foundation of our traditions, such as: honor & respect for the family, diligent work ethics, absolute values of right & wrong, honesty in both business practices & in leadership, respect toward authority, moderation rather than excess, marriage as a prerequisite before having sex or bearing children, a family which consists of both a father & mother, as well as taking responsibility to provide for our own (family & children).

Such values are the ethics of our heritage, which instilled character & maturity. We learned how to behave, to have manners, good morals, to be honest, unselfish, generous & considerate of others. We were taught the benefits of discipline, hard work & responsibility. We were given good role models of how to be loving & kind to our spouse, as well as encouraging & supportive to our children. This was the sort of thing which makes our marriages last & our families to succeed.

All of the woes today are basically a product of a society without values & specifically, without the values which originally came from a life of faith in God.

As a nation, America is following the same historical path that led to the collapse of the Roman empire. In the book titled 'The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire' (Edward Gibbon) the author gave the following reason for Rome’s fall:
  • Excessive spending by the central government.
  • Unwillingness of young men to bear arms in defense of their country.
  • Overindulgence in luxuries.
  • Widespread immorality which destroyed the integrity of family life (family values).
  • The spread of gender confusion and homosexuality (men acting like women & women acting like men).
  • Disregard for religion.
Sadly, these are many of the same symptoms in our own society. It is said, “They which fail to learn from history, are destined to repeat it.” One fact is clear, unless there is a revival of moral values in our nation, we will die as a nation.

Once again, these are just MY opinions. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone here, so please do not take offense to them. Like Phil Robinson, I'm just happy to hunt, fish, garden & spend the rest of my life with my wife & dogs.

Last edited:
E

ErnieCopp

Sam,

I am not familiar with the guy in the Video, but he is sure singing my song.

On the signs about second hand smoke, etc., that are required by law to be posted in all buildings, California lawyers hire people to look for places that do not have the signs posted, then the lawyers blackmail the owners, for a few thousand dollars to keep them from filing lawsuits that would cost the owners several thousand to defend.

And it used to be a wonderful place to live.

ernie

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
...Once again, these are just MY opinions. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone here, so please do not take offense to them. Like Phil Robinson, I'm just happy to hunt, fish, garden & spend the rest of my life with my wife & dogs.

Well said. I'm going to try to pick up a copy of that book and read it.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Rule #1: Money talks.
Rule #2: You can't change Rule #1. Just ask Cracker Barrel.

Hate to be the unlucky fool from A&E that has to negotiate their next contract... LOL!!!

E

ErnieCopp

This is the biggest setback the GLAAD movement has had, so maybe it will teach them the simple fact if they want other people to be tolerant of them, they need to recoprocate. They have been driving down a one way street the wrong way and then getting upset when others will not get out of their way and let them have the whole road.

I could not care less about what they do in private, i just wish they would shut up and just do it.
Ernie