• Join Home Gardening Forum

DRIEST IN 100 YEARS

E

ErnieCopp

I have been aware that rain is far below normal, but as i do not watch local news, i did not know that 2013 was the driest year in over a century in some areas.

So far this winter we have only had a little over one inch here in my rain gauges. And of course, that will mean all the water companies can add penalties to your water bill, even with the water we use coming from the Colorado River or the Northern CA mountains, both of which seem to have normal moisture.

And so it goes,

Ernie

M

Mr_Yan

We had that in the summer of 2012. Really HOT and dry. Top that off with my wife being pregnant (kid born mid August) and it was not an entirely pleasant summer. Spring and summer of 2013 were wet and not too hot though. Wet to the point of flooding in fact. Early June 2013 was only the second time in the seven years I've been in this house that I had water in the basement.

I plan on getting a better rain gauge than I've had over the last few years. Last few years I've used buckets and cans that happened to be outside when it rained as my gauge.