• Join Home Gardening Forum

Mike's 2014 Garden

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
Let us know how well the growing bag works for potatoes. I'm always looking for more growing room, also.

Ibtsoom

Planting Zone
9A
Box looks outstanding! I'm going to add a few more raised beds to my set up next year I think - ran out of funds for the garden this year. I have to limit myself or it gets WAY out of hand. lol

Last edited:

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Been a while since I've shared some pictures of my new raised garden. Been pretty pleased with it so far even with the spinach already bolting :( but really it seems to be doing well. At least in my beginner experience. :)

Next to the garden is a growing sack with potatoes in them which seem to really be taking off and next to that in the white container bucket is my serrano peppers which in my opinion are not doing so well.. they are still very tiny. I've never grown them before so maybe it's normal but they are only about 6-7 inches tall still but looking healthy.

Up on the back deck, my neighbor gave me a mortgage lifter tomato plant which has skyrocketed in the last week or so.

Last but not least my chives and my second serrano pepper plant which appears to be doing just the same as it's brother in the large container above.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Mike, peppers like hot weather... really hot. Like the old saying goes "Patience/persistence & the peppers will grow".

Our are just kicking in here.

M

majorcatfish

your garden is coming along very well...

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
Last summer, after all the tomato plants died from the heat, I found two pepper plants hiding underneath the tomato leaves and they were both a dark, lush green. Apparently, the leaves of the tomato plants had shielded them from the sun. Once I pulled the tomato plants, both these pepper plants shot up and produced A LOT of peppers each.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Did mostly clean up this evening, pulling bolted plants and watering the rest. I did pull up a carrot to see how they are doing and by the looks of it... we have carrots. :D

carrot.jpg

First time growing carrots. By the looks of the garden we're going to have a lot of them!

I've got a number of good looking peppers as well and by the looks of it many more to come. I'm very tempted to cook a pot of chili over the fire pit and try out some of these peppers.

peppers.jpg