• Join Home Gardening Forum

Pretty dry here

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Rain barrel has been empty for the last few weeks, though it did rain for a very brief time the other day. Not much but enough to fill the rain barrel... this lake on the other hand, still very much empty.

E

ErnieCopp

Bone dry here, too and it will be four more months before we can even start hoping for Rain.

Ernie

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Haven't had much rain here, although it is drizzling right now. We really need a good downpour with runoff... our stock tanks look like the one in Mike's picture.

M

Mr_Yan

We've been having a banner year. Near perfect until this week got cool - today was the warmest in the last week and we hit 78 F.

Copied from the NWS NOAA website

PRECIPITATION (IN)
YESTERDAY: 0.00
MONTH TO DATE: 2.44
SINCE JUN 1: 10.50
SINCE JAN 1: 20.47

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
I should have posted this a long time ago. For the last day or two now it's been cloudy and very light rain, misting more than anything, just a little over 1/2" of rain so far. Need more but we'll take it.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
We've been getting spotty rains here near the coast south of Houston. Not enough, but we'll take it.

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
My section near Houston has had morning or evening showers every day through last Thursday. Now we're bone dry again. It sure doesn't take long before we need a good soaker. It's starting to look and feel like the end of July.

S

Slowngreen

We got pounded with rain last week.

This was in Twin falls Id.

E

ErnieCopp

I hope it did not ruin a lot of hay. We usually only got two cuttings in Bonners Ferry and the rain usually ruined one of them.

Ernie

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I only wished we'd get pounded... I got cracks everywhere.

Don't take keys in the pastures, if you drop them you may be doing a lot of digging to recover them.

S

Slowngreen

Ive heard it ruined some crops but our water had been off for a few weeks already so it soaked right in. Was supposed to have our barley thrashed the day it started though and now its still waiting. A couple guys a haul hay for though had their hay down and it molded really bad, all they can do is rake it and hope it will dry out.
I know there where a few stacks that got baled after the first rain storm last week and after a couple days of hot dry heat they caught fire already from too much moisture inside. Doesnt pay to get in a hurry...unless you have insurance I guess lol.

E

ErnieCopp

i had a stack start smoking or steaming one time, but it was near the road and i saw it in time to tear it down before a fire started, It does not tatke much rain to ruin hay, for sure.

Ernie