• Join Home Gardening Forum

What plant is this?

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
1b.jpg

I purchased a starter tomato plant from a nursery, when I planted the starter plant I noticed it had what looks like two main stems but as the plant grew I have realized that's not the case but in fact two different plants.

The top narrow leaves are my tomatoes. What I'm unsure of if what is the thick wide leaf on the bottom?

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
Rub your finger on the stem of the thicker leaf and tell us what it smells like? Almost looks like a squash or zucc leaf to me(they have a unique smell I think). But then again, i'm still new at this.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Rub your finger on the stem of the thicker leaf and tell us what it smells like? Almost looks like a squash or zucc leaf to me(they have a unique smell I think). But then again, i'm still new at this.

I kid you not, but I don't have a sense of smell. I'll have to have the wife do this and tell me what it smells like.

N

Northernfox

I lost most of mine due to a work accident. It sucks!

Can you give us more details on the plant stalk or any other characteristics?

R

Rolex

I can't smell it from here, but if I were to venture a wild guess, I'd say grape leaf.
Let me know if I win anything. :)

N

Northernfox

I was working towards that. I looked at some grape plants yesterday and was wondering if you got a beautiful gift of a grape plant in that bucket

T

the1honeycomb

I love the gift plants!! I look for them when i have to buy plants, it is like a little surprise

R

Royiah

I looks like a grape leaf to me. Cucumber leafs are usually greener and bigger then that. But then again I may be wrong. :p

R

Rolex

In the last post, where I asked if I won anything, the answer was Okra. You can have my winnings if he ends up with a vineyard.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
The in-laws work for a small local winery, I'll be happy to send some your way if you want. ;)

T

the1honeycomb

LOL OK I will take his seeds! I am always looking for new things to grow1!