• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha grilling tonight?

Ibtsoom

Planting Zone
9A
Man those ribs are killing me!! I'm lookin at this as I sit here eating a dang weight watcher meal. :( Doc got on me about my weight / blood pressure so I'm trying to be good..

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I don't know what I grilling tonight (waiting on Mrs Ranch to tell me what she has a taste for), but I do know that pinto beans & some more stuffed japs are on the menu... These have 4 different kinds of shredded cheese, some spicy deer sausage, bacon & seasoned with cracked black pepper & BBQ rub.

Stuffed_Japs.jpg

Lost in mn

Planting Zone
Any of you guys have a good Jamaican Jerk rub recipe? One of the only restaurants we have here in the sticks is a Jamaican place and OMG is the food awesome.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
New Years eve we made a pretty nice spread. Had 2 racks of baby backs and 1 rack of spare ribs. 2 racks were smoked and one rack cooked in the oven and finished on the the gas grill. The wife made some really good stuffed mushrooms as well. Also made our Texas version of (eek) gumbo. I say that carefully 'cause I may get crucified by a true coon ass calling this gumbo..LOL. But, that was the most fitting name I could think for it. Finished this off with a nice big salad and some rolls with butter.

Ibtsoom

Planting Zone
9A
I was at the deer camp for the last several days and I managed to cook a roast in a dutch oven buried in the ground. I took some pics - I'll post em up tomorrow along with how I did it. Sure was tasty!!

M

Mr_Yan

I guess it has been too long since I last used the kettle.

If you look at the pic the tracks by either side of the grill and table were blazed by my dog.

Attachments

• 0104141628.jpg
    0104141628.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 4

Ibtsoom

Planting Zone
9A
Grilled some fajitas today for a few friends and cut up a deer that I shot on New Years day. Not exactly fun grilling in a 25 mph wind but I managed.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Wind is bad here too. Made 16 bean soup & some cinnamon/raisin biscuits yesterday as we were hunkering down.

Lost in mn

Planting Zone
Steamed up some of Alaska's finest tonight and gobbled them down with some Moose Drool Brown Ale! Yum
!

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
Last night I grilled some fat stuffed pork chops, green beans cooked with a little bacon grease, and warm buttered Hawaiian rolls.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Ernie, I hope your dieting is doing OK...

Today we are eating lite. Smoked a rack of ribs, baked beans, some veggies w/ranch dip & of course some homemade bread. Ribs were rubbed with a spicy brown mustard & seasoned with only course ground pepper. Smoked over post oak & hickory at 260 degrees for 4 hours & then glazed with balsamic vinegar, sugar & onion. Tasty!!!

Ribs_1_012614.jpg

Ribs_2_012614.jpg

Ribs_3_012614.jpg

E

ErnieCopp

Sam, Diet was going pretty good as i lost those same ten pounds again that i have lost severat times before. I think that was because you have cut back on your cooking pictures because of bad weahter.

I always buy the St. Louis Style or Back Ribs, but never saw that much meat on any of them.

Ernie

M

majorcatfish

way to chilly to be doing any grilling or smoking this weekend , so we are doing a pot of potato, leek soup with italian sausage and grilled pepper jack cheese sandwiches.....

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Got a small brisket ready this morning & put it on the kettle smoker about 2 hrs ago. I'll make rice & Brussels sprouts to round out the meal in another couple of hrs. Dessert will be leftover cinnamon cake, topped with peaches & whipped cream.

Figure I might as well do some smoking today as nice & warm today (72 degrees)... the weather is suppose to start getting cold again tomorrow (high of 37 by Tues.). I'm tired of being sick...

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I hope so too, whistech... I don't think my wife & I have ever had a winter like this...

Anyway here was dinner:

Supper_020914.jpg

Dessert_020914.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
The cold weather has moved on & it was a beautiful, sunny day (78 degrees), perfect for being outdoors!!!

Figure, I'd smoke a chicken (seasoned with just OO, garlic & pepper). Rounded out our meal with a baked potato, green beans & fresh homemade bread. Dessert was Applesauce Raisin Spice Cake topped with whipped cream. Mmmm!!!

Supper_1_021414.jpg

Supper_2_021414.jpg

Supper_3_021414.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Smoked some stuffed jalapenos (deer sausage & cheese, wrapped in bacon) to go with our leftover chicken. Also made a pan of rice too.

Man, those peppers were hotter than normal, but oh so good!!!

Supper_021514_1.jpg

Supper_021514_2.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Going to do a big sirloin steak for supper, Got a pot of pinto beans going this morning... although I'm not sure what else just yet, I'll leave that up to my wife since this is a joint venture (I'm busy with ranch stuff today).